A few weeks back I found this recipe for Granola:
After making it several times, I decided to mix things up a bit and following is my modified recipe for some yummy granola:
1 cup unsweetened coconut, finely shredded
1/2 cup quinoa flakes
4 Tbsp Hemp Vanilla Protein Powder (I prefer Living Harvest)
3 cups GF oats
1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup flax seed meal
2 tsp cinnamon
3 Tbsp butter, melted (gfcf)
1 cup maple syrup
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp GF vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Line two baking sheets (15 1/4 x 10 1/4) with parchment paper.
- Combine dry ingredients (except for brown sugar) and mix well
- Melt butter in separate bowl or glass measuring cup in the microwave.
- Add maple syrup and brown sugar to the melted butter - return to microwave to help the brown sugar melt. Add vanilla and mix.
- Pour maple syrup mixture over the dry ingredients and mix well to coat everything evenly.
- Split the mixture between the two baking sheets.
- Bake for a total of 24 minutes - stirring every 8 minutes or until toasted brown.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container.