Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My First Blog...

Well all my friends are doing it, so I figured I would give it a try...

Life with boys... well for those of you who have the privilege of having a son or two, you know exactly what I mean. I was one of 3 girls and thus had no real exposure to the wonderful world of boys. My father always used to say, "I hope you have 3 boys!" His wish came true when I married and had two sons of my own - 1 husband + 2 sons = 3 boys. We all know that the only difference between men and boys is the size of their TOYS! Dave will willingly admit that he is just a big kid! I wouldn't have it any other way - his adventurous spirit and sense of humor help keep me young.

Being a mother to two boys has been the biggest blessing in my life thus far. The Lord knew what he was doing when he sent me Daniel and Andrew to love and care for, because I was a tom-boy as a kid, and have never really been into all the girly-girl stuff. As a young girl, I would much rather play with hot-wheels cars in the dirt than play dress-up!

BOYS... they make me laugh, they make me worry, yet I just can't resist loving them to pieces! They may be up to all kinds of mischief each day, sometimes they drive me absolutely crazy... and yet at the end of each day, I can't help but softly tucking them into bed, saying our prayers, and kissing them goodnight. There is something special about that snuggle time with my boys after a long day that just melts all my cares away.


Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it. -Proverbs 22:6

1 comment:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Welcome to the world of blogging!!! I love the name! I was in your club (I guess I still am) for another 48 hours!! LOve ya!