Thursday, February 12, 2009

Can we have this again tomorrow night for dinner?

Those are words I don't hear too often since starting the GFCF Diet with the family. I was really struggling on how to make Chicken Enchiladas without cheese! I decided that the Melty Cheese we made earlier in the week might go well with the other spices in an enchilada casserole of some sort, but I wasn't sure where to start. I found a recipe from Karina's Kitchen - she always has such yummy recipes - and decided to give it a try... YUMMY! Both the boys were asking... "Can we have this again tomorrow night for dinner?" and Danny was ready to throw down with his dad over the leftovers! Here is the link to the recipe:

http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2006/01/chicken-enchiladas-new-mexico-style.html

I didn't add the artichokes the first time around because I wasn't sure how the kids would like it, but I am sure Dave would have loved it even more! Artichokes are one of his favorites! I also made my own corn tortillas from the recipe on the masa harina bag. Other minor changes I made was to use garlic salt instead of actual garlic (I was just running short on time!) and I used a few spoonfuls of the Melty Cheese leftovers from earlier in the week instead of the cheddar cheese. I just mixed the Melty Cheese in with the chicken mixture but didn't put it on top.

Melty Cheese Recipe is here: http://thepealfamily.blogspot.com/2009/02/melty-cheese.html

No comments: